Is SEO dead in 2024?

charlwilson

I've been watching a lot of videos on SEO lately, and sometimes I wonder if SEO is dead. Is it? Most YouTubers seem to be discussing this topic as well. This is a general question I'm asking you guys.

If you ask me, SEO can't be dead because Google is a search engine, and users will always type in search queries. Even if Google evolves into a super AI giant engine, the need for search optimization will remain.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic.

Thank you.

hipcat

Staff member
I think SEO for webmasters is dying because Google results are not the same anymore. Many results either favor the big authority sites OR give you the answer right on the results page without even needing to visit a website.

Yes, people will still go to Google with questions, but they don't really need to visit information sites anymore, so to optimize for results is not as useful these days. You're better off focusing on social media results and building your brand and gaining a following.

charlwilson

Hmm, let's dive deeper.

How do you say, 'Please clear this point which you quoted; they don't really need to visit information anymore'?

If I say, 'If we provide high-quality content with a unique experience, then you have a chance to rank.'

And yes, one more thing, from my experience, SEO is never dead unless search engines cease to exist.

Look, high-authority sites also maintain their trust with users, so they are on top. If we don't maintain any such kind of trust with our audience, then who will like us?

Reactions: sahibs

hipcat

Staff member
hipcat
I know that's how everyone would like it to be, that if they provide great content then the site will be rewarded in the search results, but that's not what I see happening...at least not in Google.

Approx 50% of the time I search for something on Google I get the answer WITHOUT EVER LEAVING THE GOOGLE SEARCH PAGE. That's significant. I don't need to visit any websites because Google takes the information from those sites and displays it right on Google.

So, yes, it's "rewarding" your site by using the "great" content you posted, but by eliminating the need for anyone to actually VISIT your site!

I can give many examples, as I see it so often now, but I'll give just one here to illustrate the problem. Last night I was searching for what to eat as a healthy snack before bed and Google gave me LOTS of great suggestions...even a top 10 list....which it had taken from the website results shown AND had links to those sites as references, BUT (and this is the important part) I had no need to visit ANY of those great & helpful informative sites because Google had already given me the answer I was looking for that came from those websites.

So, why would I need to visit the site with the great top 10 healthy snacks list when Google already showed it to me? That happens so often I rarely need to actually visit a site anymore. Google translates, gives measurements, conversions, information, etc, without the need to leave the results page at all.

They're using your great content without you getting any benefit, even if you rank well. In facr, I'd argue that ranking VERY well (top 10) is actually more HARMFUL than beneficial, as those are the sites more likely to have their content "stolen" without a visit. I prefer that people find me, and then actually visit my site.

It's evolving for sure, but not in the right direction.

krish12344

I've been watching a lot of videos on SEO lately, and sometimes I wonder if SEO is dead. Is it? Most YouTubers seem to be discussing this topic as well. This is a general question I'm asking you guys.

If you ask me, SEO can't be dead because Google is a search engine, and users will always type in search queries. Even if Google evolves into a super AI giant engine, the need for search optimization will remain.

Thank you.
Great question! SEO definitely isn't dead; it's just evolving. As long as there are search engines, optimizing for them will always be crucial. It's all about staying updated with the latest trends and adapting strategies accordingly.

AjayJunkies

I wouldn't go as far as to say that SEO is dead or even dying but it is instead evolving and adapting to how search engines are working now.

Something that would have worked 10 years ago now, more than likely will not work in the way it used to and that is where you would need to adapt to continue seeing results.

mgmtreputation

No, SEO isn't dead in 2024. It's changing with new tech and user habits, staying adaptable is key! What strategies have you found most effective in keeping up with these changes?

msalman231

No, SEO is not dead in 2024. While it has evolved significantly, SEO remains crucial for improving website visibility and ranking in search engine results. Adapting to new trends, such as voice search, AI-driven algorithms, and user experience, is essential for effective SEO strategies.

hipcat

Staff member
Perhaps I need to reword my initial concern so that people truly understand what the problem is here, especially if you have an information-based website.

Yes, you CAN still use evolving SEO techniques to rank in Google, BUT more and more often recently Google has been showing the information FROM your site to it's search engine users WITHOUT the visitor needing to visit YOUR website at all. The visitor is reading YOUR content directly on the Google results page.

That doesn't concern any of you??? It should!!

Reactions: charlwilson

charlwilson

charlwilson
I understand you, but the problem is your viewing aspect is different from that of other users.

When it comes to me, I open complete articles and read them on a daily basis, which I love a lot. I'm not saying

Google is showing their first structured data, which is highlighted most of the time; that content sometimes wrong and it is.

The new Google AI update, which we have already seen and experienced, and I know what is going on with Google, but search ranking and traffic aren't going anywhere.

User behavior is more than just a page, which I agree with, but not all users agree with your point, by the way.

hipcat

Staff member
hipcat
I agree that some readers will still read the full article, as I do myself sometimes, but for people who just need a quick answer they won't need to.

When I was looking for a list of the top 10 foods my dog should avoid today I didn't need to visit a single site, as Google gave me the answer right on the search page. I didn't know about grapes....yikes!!

As Google provides more and more information, translations, weather, calculations, etc, you'll only need to visit an actual website specifically if you want to read more in-depth articles on the topic, as you said. :)

Abhi01

Thank you.
SEO will evolve with the changes. I mean every time when google released core updates, methods of SEO Changed. There is a possibility that generative AI may affect the way we do the SEO but it can't kill the SEO. I mean so what if you are not on very first result, but it will matter to be on first page, Right?

So, I firmly believe that SEO will improve with the changes and it will not die for sure.

Last edited:

racheelgreen

SEO is a drag now these days,, i always prefer PPC, it will be worth your money and time

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.