Backlink Bingo: What’s Legit and What’s a No-Go with Google?

silentwolf

Hi everyone,

I'm an intermediate SEO with solid experience in on-page SEO, technical SEO, and content writing. I’ve also explored off-page SEO and have good knowledge in that area.

I’m currently confused and need some advice. Specifically, I’m trying to understand which backlink methods and techniques might go against Google’s guidelines.

Here are my questions:

• Should we focus on link building or not?
  • Is it okay to build foundational links through methods like video sharing, audio sharing, image submissions, infographic submissions, Web 2.0, etc.? Are these methods against Google’s guidelines?
  • What are the differences between natural and unnatural links?
  • Is it beneficial to build links through forums and niche-relevant community sites? Should we reach out to relevant bloggers to get backlinks without paying?
  • It feels like ranking on Google without building links is almost impossible. The advice to "create quality content and people will link to you" seems unrealistic if you’re not already ranking on the first page. How can someone find and link to your content if you’re not visible?
50+Funny-SEO-memes-of-all-time-18.jpg50+Funny-SEO-memes-of-all-time-21.jpg
Thanks in advance for any insights or advice!

50+Funny-SEO-memes-of-all-time-21.jpg

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.